The Life of Lucy

The Life of Lucy

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm here!

Welcome!  I started this blog as a way to share Lucy with family and friends far and wide.  I'll do my best to keep it updated but we'll have to see how it goes.  So far, being a mom of a newborn means I get very little done.  :)

We are thrilled to have our little Lucy with us.  She was born September 22, 2010, at 8:23 PM.  Lucy is a little peanut, and weighed in at just 5 lbs 11 oz.  She was 19 inches long.  Now two weeks old, Lucy is back to her birth weight and growing strong!  She grew over an inch from Friday to Tuesday!  Amazing. 

I have to admit that being a new mom is even harder than I imagined.  My mom will tell you she's been a bit worried about me.  I am feeling better every day though.  Healing from an emergency c-section, crazy raging hormones, and sleep deprivation aren't exactly the best combination. I have heard all my life about how hard it is, but I really couldn't imagine it.

We are in love with Lucy and laugh regularly at her hilarious ever-changing faces.  She shares her mom's fondness for pirates, is the spitting image of her dad, and has her mom's tiny bendable pinky toe.  She barely fits into her teeny-tiny clothes, and certainly does not fit into the other, just tiny, ones.  We know this will change soon and we look forward to chubbiness.  I hope for fat knees.  She has intense eyes that may just have some blue in them.  She is our little squeakerbean.



Until next time,


 

5 comments:

  1. Go get 'em, Lucy! Squeakerbeans happen to be my favorite legume, I'll have you know.
    You're a shining light, Beck! Keep up the amazing and hard work of mama-ness. We will be looking back on this time in short order and wondering, with tired and joyful smiles on our faces, how we did it and how it was possible to worry as much as we did. Emmett sends big love to his cousin Lucy and Auntie Becky and Uncle Jared. Tip, Slim and Oscar say to Beru and Wookie...'keep it real, yo.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mama, Beautiful Baby Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the hardest job EVER and I had that very same revelation myself and was a little scared. AND it will continue to get easy as you get stronger and you and Lucy and Jared learn your groove. Don't put a lot of pressure on yourself to do everything perfect or expect that you will know all the answers. It takes a month or so to really adjust to the new persona- mother. You ARE such a fantastic mother and Lucy is so lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful photo of you two. Gets me all teary-eyed knowing the hardship of being a new mother, but also how rewarding it can be as well. I can't begin to express my happiness for you and Jared that she has finally came to light up your worlds. Love you Becky, get your rest and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy is such a cutie - I can't wait to watch her grow! :)

    You guys done good!

    ReplyDelete